We are joined by Maxine Mei-Fung Chung who talks to us about her thrilling new psychological thriller The Eighth Girl, dissociative identity disorder, her favorite librarian, and leather chairs with velvet pillows. Plus- we have social distancing observations and Dave shares his top ten books about running!
Dave’s Top Ten Running Books:
- Running with the Buffaloes: A Season Inside with Mark Wetmore, Adam Goucher, and the University of Colorado Men’s Cross-Country Team by Chris Lear
- Running with the Kenyans: Discovering the Secrets of the Fastest People on Earth by Adharanand Finn
- Way of the Runner by Adharanand Finn
- Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall
- The Perfect Mile: Three Athletes, One Goal, and Less Than Four Minutes to Achieve It by Neal Bascomb
- Daniels’ Running Formula by Jack Daniels
- The World According to Garp by John Irving
- The Loneliness of the Long-Distance Runner by Allan Sillitoe
- Once a Runner by John L Parker Jr.
- Rabbit, Run by John Updike
HOW TO SUPPORT THE SHOW!
You can find any of the books we recommend at any of the fine booksellers below. Clicking on the banner helps to help support the show and doesn’t cost you a cent extra!
For all your shopping needs use our Amazon link or click on the banner. It doesn’t cost you a cent and helps to support the show! Here you will find every book we’ve ever recommended on the show. (Like, ever!)